Friday, October 25, 2013

He Is God

He is God. We are created.
We are mere beings that He gives life that He can easily take away.

This truth was re-revealed to me today. Worry. Stress. Anxiety. They all left instantly. I am free. There is no pressure on me to be perfect all the time. I am only (wo)man. I’ve done absolutely nothing. God, however, has orchestrated the beginning of time, made man from mere dust, holds the universe perfectly balanced, and is the giver of life. Why do I always feel like it’s all up to me?

My grades. Loving others. Walking perfectly in my Father’s will. Always treating others correctly. Making sure everything plays out smoothly. Making sure I have food. Clothes. Water. A place to rest. Getting married. Graduating on time. Waking up in the morning. Succeeding. Honoring parents. Having fruitful conversation with unbelievers. My need for control and legalistic mindset are not of the Spirit, but of the flesh.

I cast all my anxiety on Him because He is God and I am mere human. All of these things are not in my control. They are not up to me. They are gifts of grace. If I truly believe my Father loves me, I believe He will provide all these things if I walk in a freedom of knowing I am His.

I never performed anything miraculous. Ever. I cannot make sure I live longer or love better. I cannot get the grades and I cannot make sure I graduate on time. My Father is truly in control and this just relieves me completely.

The joy of the LORD is my strength. Nehemiah 8:10

I can literally just be filled with His promised joy if I seek Him. Why do I expect to handle all these things? Control all these things? When I never have been able to in the past.

God is in control of my future and of my life and I joyfully hand over the reigns that Satan deceivingly convinces me that I have (though I truly never did have). I cannot control the outcome of anything I do like Satan says I can. I can only walk by the Spirit and by faith, never expecting anything back except for the assurance that I am walking close to my King and He delights in this.

When we are anxious, it means we are fearful of a particular result. We fear trial and tragedy. But God loves us. He will either save us from these trials because He loves us or He will walk with us through them because He loves us. We can joyfully overcome them knowing they produce growth and endurance and faith and a new closeness with our Father (James 1:2-4).